Simple Christmas Cake For Seniors
Written By: Michele Bayno BSW
- 1 package white cake mix (Dunkin Hines is a great choice)
- 1 package red Jell-o powder (3oz)
- 1 package Green Jell-o powder (3 oz)
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 Cool Whip
1. Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
2. Bake in two 8 inch or 9 inch layer pans.
2. Allow cooling time.
3. Place cake layers, top sides up, in 2 clean layer pans; prick each cake with utility fork at 1/2 inch intervals.
4. Dissolve each flavor gelatin separately in 1 cup of boiling water. Carefully spoon each over one of the cake layers.
5. Chill 3 to 4 hours.
6. Dip one cake pan in warm water for 10 seconds; turn out onto serving plate. Top with 1 cup of the whipped topping.
7. Unmold second layer; place carefully on the first layer. Frost top and sides with remaining whipped topping. Chill.
8. Garnish as desired. Use Christmas Holly, Smarties, or M and M’s.
Written By: Michele Bayno BSW, BA