Michele’s Christmas Ham For Seniors
Written by: Michele Bayno BSW, BA
This Christmas ham will have all your guests reaching for seconds.
- 1 spiral-sliced fully cooked smoked bone-in ham with glaze packet, 9-10 lbs.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard (adjust to taste as required).
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest.
- Orange peel twists and parsley sprigs.
1. Preheat your oven and bake the ham. Cover the ham with foil. Cook the ham until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of ham reaches 140 F (about 12-15 minutes per pound).
2While your ham is baking in the oven, you can make the glaze. In a microwave safe bowl, combine glaze packet, mustard and zest. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove foil from ham; pour glaze evenly on ham.
Return the ham into the oven and bake until glaze thickens for 7-10 minutes. Let the ham stand for about 20 minutes before serving. Garnish the ham as desired with orange peels.
Fat: 18g (6g sat.)
Trans fat: 0g
Sodium: 3, 182mg
Kitchen Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 55 minutes