Christmas Rosemary Lamb For Seniors
Written By: Michele Bayno BSW, BA
Are you looking for a delicious Christmas meal? This recipe will surely have your guests asking for seconds.
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 cup of dry red wine (or your desired portion)
- cup prepared balsamic dressing
- 1 TBS 1 cup of chopped garlic
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 TBS of olive oil
- 1 crown roast of lamb
- Start by heating your oven to 400 F.
- In saucepan over high heat, bring broth, wine, dressing and garlic to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Let simmer for ten minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Reserve approx. 1/4 cup glaze.
- Rub oil over lamb.
- Place the lamb on rack set in roasting pan. Brush with remaining glaze.
- Roast lamb for thirty minutes OR until thermometer reaches 145 F.
- Brush frequently with remaining glaze.
- Allow Lamb roast to sit for ten minutes before slicing.
- Garnish as desired with currants or berries of your choice.
Prep Time:20 minutes.
Total time: 60 minutes.
This meal serves eight.
Nutritional Value: Per serving: Calories 329. Protein 35g. Carb 5g. Fiber 0g.Sugar 2g. Cholesterol 109 mg. Sodium 229mg. Total fat 18g Saturated fat 4g. Trans fat 0g.